9/10/11

My First 2 Weeks At GVSU!!!

OK, so I just finished my second week at Grand Valley State University and I am in full swing of studying and doing homework.  I have very little time for anything else, but I really am not complaining because this is really where I want to be and I am willing to put forth the effort to get what I want.  One thing that is a little exciting for me so far is that I am actually doing a little better than I thought that I was going to be doing in Algebra.  I have around a 90 percent so far between the first set of homework and quizzes.  Yay!  That was after hours of effort but at least I am getting it.  I am not good at math so I would be happy with a passing grade. 
So far I have not met a lot of people but this coming up Wednesday I will be going to my first meeting of Sisters of Strength which is a small faith based group for women.  I am hoping that will help me meet new women on campus.  I feel like some of the difficulty is my age.  I am 32 in a 20 yr old's world.  12 yrs can make a huge difference in this stage of life and maybe they feel like I can not relate to them.  I don't know but I am sure I will find my niche.  It will just take time.
I really love the campus.  I still have not run out of new things to explore.  There is so much stuff to occupy my free time with on campus from movies, all you can eat buffets, pool tables, play stations, nature trails, little gardens to sit in, and so much more.
All in all I am very happy with my college experience so far and I think this next 3 years will hold a lot of wonderful memories!

No comments: