9/21/11

My First Month

So far everything has been going pretty good with school. Though I have got to say most days I am tired!!! This is definetly a different life that I am living now. I have gone from just working a part time job, to always going every moment of the day, from 7 am to 10pm and then going to bed and starting over the next day. My last true day off from both work and school, where I did not have to attend class or go to my job, was 16 days ago. I did take a partial day off yesterday to go to the mall, (I needed to do that for my sanity), but then last evening I had to study, study, study.
I have had a lot of positive experiences also in the last 16 days. I found a new group to join on campus called the Sisters of Strength, which is a womens faith group. They meet weekly for bible study, extra fun stuff like spa nights, and some community outreach projects. I really enjoyed meeting the girls in this group and I think this is going to be an awesome opportunity to meet people and make new freinds. I am also happy with myself because in new situations like these I tend towards shyness and I have done the opposite since moving to Allendale. I have pushed myself to meet new people and try new things. I found an awesome womens Alcoholics Anonyous meeting on campus that I love. I have been meeting new people and I am so proud that I have pushed my self beyond my comfort levels.
This 4th week of school happens to be test week and it seems like I am getting the first test in most of my classes. Yippeeee! (ummm not) With two behind me and one two go I am mostly optimistic. I did fairly well on my Developmental Psychology exam. I got a B which at first I was dissapointed with. Then I found out the next day that I ranked at the high end of the class, when I attended class. So I quess I will be ok with getting a B. I feel as though I am going to have to surrender some of my perfectionism fast because I have a feeling I am going to be seeing a lot of B's. Something tells me that this is just a tad bit harder than Muskegon Community College was. So I quess I am going to have to learn how to accept what I can achieve as apposed to what I think I should have achieved.

So that pretty much sums up my first month on campus. I will continue to keep everyone posted on my college experience!

No comments: