3/7/11

35 Great Exercise Ideas


So as I have stated in earlier blogs I am on a diet.  I was thinking earlier about free ways that  I could exercise and that got me in research mode.  This is what I came up with.  I thought that I would share it here so that someone else might be able to benefit from it also.  So here's 35 somewhat cheap exercise ideas for the Lake shore area in Michigan:

1. Walk the boardwalk
2. Ride your bike on the bike trails in Spring Lake, Ferrysburg and Grand Haven
3. Buy a Wii and a Wii Fit and use it daily
4. Walk the Lakes Mall
5. Walk the trails at Hoffmaster State Park
6. Buy some roller blades and take them to the state park or the board walk
7. Join the YMCA
8. During the winter Ski and Luge at Muskegon State Park
9. Ski and Snowboard at Mulligans Hollow
10. Go to the closest park and play basketball with a Friend
11. Play tennis with a Friend
12. Yoga
13. Pilate's
14. Go swimming
15. Walk the beach
16. Beach volleyball
17. Running
18. Housework
19. Clean your car
20. Play with your kids
21. Jump rope
22. Buy a hula hoop and use it
23. Buy a dance video and learn the dance
24. Go shopping
25. Walk your dog
26. Sit ups
27. Strength training on machines
28. Join a baseball or softball team
29. Take the stairs instead of the elevator
30. Stair climbing
31. Play with the children, take them to the park
32. Yard work
33. Planks and Wall-sits, squats
34. Sprints at your local track
35. Chin-ups on a monkey bar


2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

These are great ideas, thanks for sharing:)

wishes398 said...

You are welcome!