3/13/11

Why?

center>>

Why did Jesus die on the cross? He died for my sin and for yours. The bible says that the wages of sin is death but that the gift of salvation is eternal life. The only way to get that gift is by accepting what Jesus did on the cross and inviting him into your life as your personal savior. John 3:16 says: "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have everlasting life." All we have to do is believe in Jesus. It is up to us to either believe or reject him.

I know that there are a lot of you out there who doubt the Bible and what it has to say. You have serious questions. You do not know how a loving God would send anyone to hell. The best way that I can answer this question is that a loving God would give you a choice on whether you want to love him or reject him. So many times in life we are upset by the lack of choices we have had. Who our parents are, where we were born, what school we went to, how rich or poor we were, etc. Well God is giving us an option on where we spend eternity. I think its loving to let us choose.

Another question is why doesn't he stop bad things from happening. Well, its like this. He gave people free will. He can not stop a murderer from murdering any faster than he can stop you from rejecting his love. In order to control what we do he would have to take our free will away. Also, he promised that he would turn every bad thing into something beautiful for those that love him. So it is a matter of faith. I know in my life some of the bad things that have happened have shaped and molded me into the person that I am today. If the bad things had not happened I would not be able to help others or experience life the way I do today.

One last question people ask is why do Christians act so badly. This is something that I often ask myself if I am being honest. I do know that Christian or not we are saved by grace and that apart from that we are no better then someone still in their sins. It is just as easy for a Christian to sin as it is for a non Christian. Unfortunately it only takes one bad apple to make the whole bunch look bad. But try to focus on the Christians that make a difference. People like Mother Teresa, Billy Graham, Steven Curtis Chapman, etc.

We are living in the end days.  Everyday a new natural disaster happens.  Wars are springing up all over the place.  I truly believe that it will not be long before the second coming of Jesus Christ.  And when that happens, and the church is raptured I have one question to ask you, "Will you be left behind?"  So if you think I am crazy and just talking crazy and foolish things I challenge you to really do your research.  Try to prove me wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt.  I know that you will not be able to.  But please try because it just may be the one thing that saves you.  But whatever you do don't just sit there any longer and do nothing.

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

I really enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

wishes398 said...

Thanks Lloyd, I will do that!