7/14/17

Faith in the Darkness

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

In the past few weeks life has been really hard for me and my family.  First my grandma died from dementia after a two year struggle with it.  She was like a second mom to me so this loss was very hard on me.  Then my boss wouldn't let me have the time off to go to her funeral so I quit my job.  After my grandmas funeral our car started having problems and it needed 1300 dollars in repairs and we didn't have the funds to pay for it.  On top of all of this there was other medical stuff going on with my spouse and I.  Normally when stuff like this would take place I would blame God and lose hope.  This time I didn't do that.   Instead I remembered all the times it was bad before and then it turned out OK.  I choose to have faith.  Then yesterday happened.  My mom called and said that she was going to have my car fixed and we could pay her back.  I got a job later on in the day within walking distance from my house.  And we got a gig over the weekend that is going to pay 160 dollars for 2 days of work.   That will pay for the tags on my car.   I knew God would make everything better and he did. 

No comments: