11/4/10

Why I Hate Winter

OK, so I have whined about this for the entire day to anyone that would listen, and now I know that what I must do is write a blog about it, and just get it out of my system so that my friends can stop having to listen to me complain.  Tomorrow's weather forecast is calling for snow flurries and I am almost wanting to climb under my covers and go into hibernation until next spring.  I HATE WINTER!!!!  No only is it cold but there is no sunlight.  Today we had about 11 hours of potential sunlight but we did not actually receive 11 hours of sunlight because it rained.  So actually there was no sun today.  And since there will be snow flurries tomorrow and the next day then we will not have any sunlight the next two days either.  It seems like with the limited sunlight comes so many things.  First of all people actually go to bed earlier.  I am a night owl so this is not so good for me.  In the summer everyone is up to being up later because the sun does not set until ten pm.  However, in the winter, at like 7 pm people start wanting to go home and go to bed because that is when the sun sets in the winter.  Then in the morning the urge to sleep in longer is stronger because the sun does not rise until almost 8 am.  Also, you can't spend as much time outside so you constantly feel like you are being cooped up like a prisoner.  Everything that you go to do for entertainment costs money because it is inside.  You can't exercise as much because you can't get outside.  Therefore you are eating fattening foods due to the holidays and gaining weight because you can't get outside to exercise it off.  All together these are the reasons that I hate winter.

No comments: