10/1/10

Inspired to Blog

So last night instead of going out and running all over the town with a friend like I usually do I stayed home for a change and watched a movie.  The movie that I watched was "Julie and Julia"  which was a movie based on the true life stories of two women.  One was Julia Child the American woman who wrote a book on cooking french food, and the other was Julie Powell, a young woman who became famous because she spent a year cooking all 520 or so recipes in Julia Child's cook book and then she blogged about it.  What made people fall in love with her blog was that she was so inspired and so honest.  She was authentically herself.  She knew who she was and she wasn't hiding it, she was embracing it, and that is what people fell in love with.  So that is what inspired me.  I have always loved to write but in some ways I feel like my writing has been inhibited and not as honest as it can be.  So here's the challenge.  This blog is going to be the authentic me.  Its going to be about the things I love like crochet, reading and my cats.  But more than anything it is going to be about my thoughts before the editing.  I am not going to hold back.  What you see is what you get.  I am tired of writing about the weather or how nice the weekend activities have been.  Sometimes I think as adults we become so good at holding back that we almost forget how to let go and be authentic.  So now I will express myself authentically.  If you disagree with me that's fine, I didn't write this blog to impress you. 
   So what else is this blog going to be about?  One of the things I am going to blog on is my crochet projects.  Here is a hat that I made this summer for my niece, Lilly, who is 1 year old.  I have included a couple of pictures of the hat for you to see. 
The other things that this web page is going to be about is the books that I am reading.  The reason I want to write about this is because I really have a passion for reading.  I feel as though I really can escape when I can find a good book to read.  My favorite books to pick up and read are usually Christian fiction, or inspiration, or science fiction.
The last thing that this blog is going to be about is my life in recovery from drugs and alcohol and my recovery from anorexia, and my new recovery from smoking cigarettes.  Everyday I thank God for freedom from these chains.  I have 7 years free from Anorexia, 2 years 9 months free from Alcohol, and 2 months free from cigarettes.  Everyday God gives me a beautiful gift and I want to share this gift with the world.

No comments: