10/4/10

Today is World Animal Day

Today is the official World Animal day so I thought that we could all just take a moment to stop and focus on animal rights.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am an animal lover to the core.  My life revolves around my two cats.  I have an orange tabby cat named Milo and a black and white tabby cat named Zoey.  They are my babies.  If I could I would take in more animals.  I have always loved animals.  One of the things that saddens me is the thought that animals are treated poorly.  They don't have their own voice.  We must be their voice.  We must speak out for them.  So if you have the time today to stop and donate 5 or 10 dollars to your local Humane Society, or even pick up a bag of dog or cat food and drop it off there that would be a great way to show that you care on this day.  Or just give that stray cat in your neighborhood a bowl of milk and a little love today. 
Here's one idea.  Its a little out of the way but it is from now until the 8th of this month.  There is a fundraiser at the Oceana County Animal Shelter today.  They are taking returanable bottles and cans to help their shelter.  The address is 8214 W. Hazel Rd Mears Mi. 49436.
Another place you could donate to is The Pet Pantry.  The Pet Pantry is a local non profit in Muskegon, Mi that helps people who can afford food and supplies for their pets so that they don't have to lose their pets or put them in shelters.  You could donate food or money to them.  The web site to them is http://www.petpantrymi.org/donate.html
OK, I will get off my soap box but I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know that today is World Animal Day.  I also wanted to show you pictures of my kitties as a celebration of this day.  You can check out world animal day at http://www.worldanimalday.org.uk/
Milo

Zoey

2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Great shots of the pets. Happy World Animal Day!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Kristin Drake said...

I can't believe I was home and never once got to meet Zoey! (that was my bad) Milo looks so much bigger than her..she's like the size of his head. lol I am glad he has another kitty though! She is so cute!