2/10/11

"Having A Mary Heart In A Martha World" by Joanna Weaver

This is one of the books that I recently finished reading.  I really gained a lot of insight into my own life through reading this book.  Joanna Weaver really wrote a book which gets to the core of having a passion for God in a world where we are told that we must do, do, do.  This book explains that we aren't put here on earth to just complete one task after another.  We were put here for a relationship with God.  That is the one thing that matters.  That is our sole purpose.  While service and good works is important, it is important that we first find our rest in Christ.  We are meant to have intimacy with God and that starts with slowing down enough to spend some time with him.  This book helps show you how to do that.  I really love this book and found it very helpful.  I highly recommend this book to others!

No comments: