2/1/11

Arts and Crafts at Jumping Java

So I finally convinced my best friend that he needed to start painting again, and that we both needed to spend less time on the Internet and more time doing creative things.  So every night when we go to Jumping Java now, instead of bringing our laptops Joe brings his painting supplies and I bring my crochet supplies.  We work on our projects and visit with each other.  I have finished my first project which is this beautiful circles and waves scarf.
This scarf is actually two pieces sewn together.  It is another project that I got from Interweave Crochet magazine.  It was actually very fast to make, and a lot easier than it looks.

And Joe finished his first painting this week.  Here is the first painting that he has done in a while.


I just love it when he does winter scenes.  He does very good with winter scenes.  The cabin in this picture is the perfect size compared to the trees and the river.  Good job, Joe!  Now I am just trying to convince him that he needs to start his own painting blog.  I hope he does.  When I told him that he could blog about his painting technique he looked at me like I was crazy, so I don't know if I will succeed in this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that scarf, I mean..LOVE it! And joe's painting is good as always, he has such a gift for that.
~This is kristin..I couldn't log into my google account

wishes398 said...

Thanks sissy! Maybe I will make you one before next winter if you like. I have quite a while before then. When you get home we will go and pick out the yarn and I will make you one like it.

Unknown said...

Hi Mel,
Hay that scarf is fabulous!! Joes painting is great too, I like it a lot, I actually thought the cabin could have been even bigger and still looked appropriate, considering the tree's are the tallest by the cabin itself. The scarf could win a contest, you go girl! Tell Joe I said wtg!!